A message from Lexington's CEO/Superintendent, Russell O. West.
Good evening, Lexington Family:
Over the weekend, we were notified that both parents of a student in our Elementary department have tested positive for COVID-19. The parents also attended a CSE meeting on Tuesday, March 10th. This student’s last day in the Lexington building was on Friday, March 13th. Last week, the parents went to the doctor and had a COVID-19 test done. The test results came back on Saturday, March 28th.
As we have said in the past, we strongly encourage anyone in the community who has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive to send an e-mail to Human Resources.
To get the best guidance on medical decisions, please contact the NYC Department of Health. They will prioritize testing for COVID-19 by age, underlying conditions and where you work. They may ask you questions like:
1) Have you or your child been in contact with someone who has already tested positive?
2) What are your symptoms/ your child’s symptoms?
3) What is your full name, address, county of residence, email, and cell number?
4) Do you have any prior medical conditions/ your child’s prior medical conditions?
5) What is your contact with nursing homes?
6) Are you a state employee?
To reach the NYC Department of Health, call 311; and the NYS Department of Health, please call, 1-888-364-3065.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Maureen Tillwitz, Director of Human Resources.