What Can You Do As A Parent/Guardian?
If your family is having issues with the OPT bus service .....
Call and file a complaint:
Don’t forget to keep a record: Record the Date /Time/ Violation Number for each complaint you place.
- Call 311
Let them know you want to file a complaint regarding OPT service
Go to the Office of Pupil Transportation and file an in-person complaint:
- Location: 44-36 Vernon Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101
Join parent advocacy groups to learn more and help make change:
- PISTNYC (Parents to Improve School Transportation)
Contact your representatives/city groups to demand change:
- NY Senator John C. Liu (Chairman of New York City Education Committee)
Contact District Office:
38-50 Bell Boulevard Suite C, Bayside, NY 11361
Phone: 718-765-6675 ; Albany office phone: 518-455-2210
- Remove student name to inform Public Advocate’s office email@example.com, Phone: (212) 669-7200 Text: (833)933-1692
- City Council Education Committee (Current chair: firstname.lastname@example.org) + your City Council Member
Stay in Touch!!
Lexington’s Transportation Coordinator: Susana Ramirez: 347-752-0091